Top 20 New Year's Resolutions
1. Detoxify for the New Year: Start the New Year off with a detoxification program for you and your family. Don't start off by going to gym, instead, do a detox program first. You can do a detox by fasting; engaging in a complete body cleanse for your colon, liver, and kidneys; do a colonic with a naturopathic or holistic healer, etc. Find out how in my article "How To Engage in a Complete Detoxification Program" or my health book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days" (Series 3).
2. Lose Weight: The goal is for all women to have a 35 inch or smaller waistline (40 for men). The larger you are around the waist, the more health issues you will have. Learn everything you can about hypothyroidism, which can keep you from losing weight.
3. Go Organic: Eat fresh, raw and organic foods -- blended, juiced or steamed only, especially green foods. The benefits of eating organic foods are these foods don't contain hormones, antibodies, pesticides, steroids, etc.
4. Read Food Labels: Until you can transition to
fresh whole foods, raw and organic, read food labels and cut out all these ingredients: 1) Sugar, 2) High Fructose Corn Syrup, 3) Saturated Fats, 4) Transfat, 5) Red and Yellow Dye, 6) MSG, etc.
5. Give Up GMOs: Over 90% of all foods in neighborhood grocery stores contains Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), which causes food allergies, which results in depression and other illnesses. So only buy organic foods from farmer's markets, health and wholefood stores, etc. or grow your foods your ownself in your own home garden, get a plot at a community garden, join a food co-op or food coalition. Stay updated on GMOs by reading our "National Non-GMO Health Movement Blog" or join us on facebook.com for "National Non-GMO Health Movement."
6. Drink More Water: Commit to drinking more water and drink the right type of water. Only drink "alkaline water" from health or wholefood stores. If you can't obtain this type of water, then only drink "distilled" or "pure/purified" water.
7. Stop Eating Meat or Eat the Right Kind of Meat: Meat is closely associated with parasites. Parasites comes from 'undercooked' beef or pork. Over 80% of Americans have parasites. Parasites can turn into cancer! Find out how to get rid of parasites by engaging in a full-body detox program in my health book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days."
8. Find The Right Diet: The goal is to find the right type of diet that will make your body do what it is suppose to do. Many people today eat the "Standard American Diet" (also called "SAD") and that alone should tell you something.
A "SAD" diet is filled with tons of processed foods or foods that have been altered. So think about eating for your blood type, or the paleo diet, which is a gluten free diet, or become a vegan or vegetarian.
9. Give Up Canned Foods: Canned foods, which contains BPA and too much sodium, especially MSG, has caused a rise in high blood pressure, so transition from canned foods to fresh whole foods that are raw and organic.
10. Set Short Range and Long Range Goals: Remember setting goals will motivate you to take action in your life - so set weekly and monthly goals, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and 10 year goals.
11. Create a Vision Board: Start the New Year off by attending a vision board party or throw one your ownself. Cut and paste pictures and quotes that can keep you motivated throughout the year. This will keep you motivated when setting short range or long range goals.
12. Meditate Daily: It's important to meditate daily for at least 15 or 30 minutes or more. You can do this at work by taking lunch and sitting in your car; at home on your bed or floor; or some other place in your home. You can listen to soft music, while you allow your body to fully relax.
13. Engage in Regular Yoga: Yoga is one of the most essential exercises to engage in. Yoga can prevent middle-age spread in people of healthy weight and promote weight loss in those who are overweight. Most gyms offer yoga classes and many gyms only cost $20 to $30 a month.
14. Get Rid of Toxic People: Get rid of toxic, destructive and negative people in your life -- the naysayers, doom and gloom people, the dreambusters, etc. They are everywhere and even in your family. You can't really get rid of family members but you can distance yourself away from them.
15. Get Another Job: Get a more fulfilling job. If you are unhappy with your job - you only have 3 choices to make: 1) Transfer to another department -- even in another city, 2) Go back to school and launch another career, or 3) Start your own
business. Learn about your
rights in the workplace by reading the "Workplace Survival Guide: How To Fight Discrimination, Whistleblowing and the Workers' Compensation System." Also read "Discrimination 101: The Complete Guide to Recognizing and Surviving Discrimination in the Workplace" (Volume 1) and (Volume 2 ). Also read our " Workplace Blog ."
16. Start Your Own Business: Small business ownership is the backbone of this country. Business ownership and especially "family businesses" is the key to true generational wealth. Look at the things that you are really passionate about and use your talents and passion to create a thriving business. Everyone, no matter how young or old you are, has some type of talent or passion, which is of value to others. Read more in the book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Starting Your Own Business" and "The New CEO: 185 Easy-To-Set Up Businesses for Youth and Adult Entrepreneurs." Also read our "Business Blog."
17. Don't Get Involved with Pyramid Schemes: Stay away from websites or people in the community trying to recruit you for Network or Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) aka "Pyramid Schemes" (Noni-juice, Melaleuca, Primerica, Pre-paid Legal, YTB Travel, Ameriplan, ACN, Quixtar, Body Shapers, etc.). If you have time to get involved with these types of "unethical" schemes, then you have time to start and build your own "legitimate" business by using your own skills, talents and passions.
18. Form Business Alliances/Strategic Partnerships/Co-Ops: To move your business to the next level form business alliances, strategic partnerships or business co-ops with other "ethical" businesses. It's important to be a part of business networks so that you can grow your own business by brainstorming with other businesses, especially legal, financial and marketing experts so seek these individuals out today.
19. Stop Looking at So Much T.V. and Read More Books: It's estimated that most families watch at least 6 to 7 hours of television daily. Could this be why the obesity rate is at an epidemic level? Are we dumbing down our families? If you watch T.V., at least watch educational shows such as Animal Channel, Discovery Channel, Financial Shows, etc. Join our
"Let's Read Campaign" and listen to and read our line of motivational and empowerment e-books, paperback and audiobooks at http://www.AngelsPress.com.
20. Get The People You Love on the Information Highway: Are you sick of those around you being uninformed on issues relevant to them? Information is 'King' and 'Knowledge is Power' so help those that you love get on the information highway. Subscribe your family members, friends, neighbors and colleagues to our mailing list at
Why New Year Resolutions Fail
Put Your Health First
The Most Important Book
You Will Ever Read
Remember "Your Health is Your Wealth"...
How To Take Control of Your Own Life:
A Self-Help Guide to Becoming
Healthier Over the Next 30 Days (Series 3)
E-books & Paperback
The Cathy Harris Empowerment
Tour Returns Back On the Road
in April 2017