Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Cathy Harris, A Voice for the People, Suspended from Facebook.com on Nov. 4, 2015

Nov. 10, 2015

Cathy Harris and Her Selfie Stick
As a business owner you have to separate the activism from your 'business campaigns' because most activists and advocates do things for FREE, while business ownership is about setting up venues to become 'self-sufficient' or to be paid.

As much as I try to remain a business woman, a lot of my activism days keep coming out of me, especially when I visit some of the social media sites like facebook.com, and view some of the horrific stories in this country, where justice need to be served.  

After all I ran my own newswire service for 15 years, NationalBlackAgendaOnline.com, before I started my empowerment company, AngelsPress.com, where I forwarded messages around the globe that affected my fellow man.

My ultimate goal as both an activist/advocate and business owner, is to spread powerful and positive messages to those that really need it and I think I do a pretty good job of that with my empowerment company.

We've all heard the stories about how facebook.com is suspending accounts, especially for voices of consciousness.

On Nov. 4, 2015, I was contacted by facebook.com and told that I was suspended.  One day earlier I had formed another group on facebook.com, "Natural Hair and Health," to spread business news and highlight causes in this country -- along with my other facebook.com groups "EEOC SecretsNational Non-GMO Health MovementOprah Life Class Empowerment Discussion and I Support Youth Entrepreneurs." 

Facebook.com said the suspension was until Nov. 16, 2015, (13 days).  Last time I was kicked off facebook.com, about a year ago, was for almost 4 weeks but who is counting...right?

I am not going to sit around and beg facebook to let me get back on their site.  This has been a great opportunity for me to work on my other social media sites and projects so -- THANKS FACEBOOK.COM for kicking me off!!!  

Why was I kicked off facebook.com on Nov. 4, 2015 in the first place?  I believe it was for one of the below reasons:
  • One month earlier I launched a "Campaign To Take Back America," along with "Virtual Training Centers for Women," which consisted of everyone taking back their own lives.  The goal for many leaders today is to keep "dumbing down" this country so eventually they will probably go after anyone that is speaking the truth - while educating, informing and empowering a whole nation of new leaders.
  • I am a major voice in the Non-GMO Health Movement and have been for 7 years, where I have been spreading the word on why everyone should contact their Senators before they vote to label foods as GMOs.
  • I was posting the latest news on police brutality/killings in this country and you know they are trying to silence anyone exposing the police.  Thirty-percent of my co-workers in Customs and Border Protection (the old U.S. Customs Service), where I worked for over 20 years before retiring 10 years ago, were former police officers, so I know FIRST-HAND what they do to people.
  • I was a major voice for the people and we know that many voices are being silenced all over the country -- today.  This is why it is important to have your own network.  Not just a mailing list but every business owner should have a list of ETHICAL business owners that they can refer to others.
Or maybe I was just posting too many messages. As a business owner you have to market yourself at least 75% of your time so if I was posting too many messages on facebook.com, maybe I just had a lot to say.  After all I am the author of 22 non-fiction books. 

Many people have chosen not to be on facebook.com and I don't blame them.  Even though I had 3 facebook timelines and the 5 groups, I don't need facebook.  I have a large network and have been collecting emails for my mailing list since 1998.  

These social media groups have the power to shut you down at a moment's notice so when you see someone on the same page as you, obtain their contact information because they might be -- here today and gone tomorrow.  So never ever depend on these social media groups to spread your messages.

And e ven though I blew the whistle 15 years ago,"The Cathy Harris Story ," I know I am still be monitored by the government and other law enforcement, especially on facebook.com, so this is why I continue to be visible in the media's eye.

Never forget for a whistleblower, "the media is the best outlet for a whistleblower."  I was represented back then by the Government Accountability Project (GAP), the same attorneys that are representing CIA Whistleblower Eric Snowden at this time.  

And I am still a part of the American Whistleblower Tour, which makes me still one of the most loudest voices in America.  In 2014, I spoke at Princeton University along with a Department of Justice (DOJ) whistleblower, who was an attorney, who exposed NSA.gov warrantless wiretapping during the Bush administration.

Former Whistleblowers can never just sit in a corner and be quiet -- because that is definitely when they will come after you...so we have to stay visible.

All I ask is that you help me stay visible in the media's eye by joining my mailing list and forwarding my posts to all your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues.

Join my mailing lists at one of the websites:

No comments:

Post a Comment