Top 20 New Year's Resolutions
Some top New Year goals include:
1. Detoxify for the New Year: Start the New Year off with a detoxification program for you and your family. You can do a detox by fasting; engaging in a complete body cleanse for your colon, liver, and kidneys; do a colonic with a naturopathic or holistic healer, etc. Remember 80% of overweight kids will become overweight adults so think about helping them engage in a safe detoxification program. Find out how in my health book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days (Series 3)" atwww.AngelsPress.com.
2. Go Organic: Eat fresh, raw and organic foods blended, juiced or steamed only especially green foods. The benefits of eating organic foods are these foods don't contain hormones, antibodies, pesticides, steroids, etc. Organic foods cost a little more and will spoil quicker but in the long-run these foods will keep down doctor's visits. Remember 90% of all illnesses and diseases are 'diet-related'.
3. Read Food Labels: Until you can transition to fresh, raw, and organic foods read food labels and cut out all these ingredients: 1) Sugar, 2) High Fructose Corn Syrup, 3) Saturated Fats, 4) Transfat, 5) Red and Yellow Dye, and 6) MSG.
4. Give Up GMOs: Over 90% of all foods in neighborhood grocery stores contains Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) (also referred to as Genetically Engineered, Genetically Altered, Frankenfoods), which causes food allergies which results in depression and other illnesses. So only buy organic foods from farmer's markets, health and whole food stores, etc. or grow your foods your own self. Stay updated on GMOs by reading our National Non-GMO Health Movement Blog or subscribe to my group on facebook " National Non-GMO Health Movement."
5. Drink More Water: Commit to drinking more water and drink the right type of water. Only drink "alkaline water" from health or wholefood stores. If you can't obtain this type of water then only drink "distilled" or "pure/purified" water.
6. Stop Eating Meat: Meat is closely associated with parasites. Parasites comes from 'undercooked' beef or pork. Over 80% of Americans have parasites. Parasites can turn into cancer! Find out how to get rid of parasites in my health book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days" atwww.AngelsPress.com.
7. Become a Vegetarian: Many people believe vegetarians do not get enough protein but two of the largest animals in the world, gorillas and elephants, are plant-eaters so that's a myth. You don't need meat to survive or stay healthy.
8. Give Up Canned Foods: Canned foods contains BPA and too much sodium, which is bad for you so transition from canned foods to fresh, organic, raw foods. The only time you should eat canned foods is during a natural disaster.
9. Set Short Range and Long Range Goals: Remember setting goals will motivate you to take action in your life so set weekly goals along with 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and 3 year goals around these three (3) areas: 1) health, 2) family/financial, and 3) career/business. Remember it takes 3 to 4 weeks to form new habits so think about the things you need to change in your life and set realistic and reachable goals.
10. Create a Vision Board: Cut and paste pictures and quotes so that you can stay motivated when setting short range and long range goals. Make more than one vision board and place them where you can view them every day.
11. Meditate Daily: It's important to meditate daily for at least 15 or 30 minutes or more. You can do this at work by taking lunch and sitting in your car; in bed or somewhere else in your home. You can listen to soft music while you allow your body to fully relax. Remember before you can make anything happen in your life, you have to see or visualize it first -- so mediate daily.
12. Get Rid of Toxic People: Get rid of toxic, destructive and negative people in your life -- the naysayers, doom and gloom people, the dreambusters, etc. They are everywhere and even in your family. You can't really get rid of family members but you can distance yourself away from them.
13. Get Another Job: Get a more fulfilling job. If you are unhappy with your job - you only have 3 choices to make: 1) Transfer to another department even in another city, 2) Go back to school and launch another career, or 3) Start your own business. Learn about your rights in the workplace by reading the"Workplace Survival Guide: How To Fight Discrimination, Whistleblowing and the Workers' Compensation System." Also read "Discrimination 101: The Complete Guide to Recognizing and Surviving Discrimination in the Workplace"
14. Start Your Own Business: Small business ownership is the backbone of this country. Business ownership is the key to true generational wealth. Look at the things that you are really passionate about and use your talents and passion to create a thriving business. Everyone has some type of talent or passion which is of value to others. You can conduct research for a business at Libraries, Bookstores, on Google.com, Yahoo.com, and YouTube.com, with business groups including Chambers of Commerce, Small Business Administration (SBA.gov), SCORE.org, etc. Read more in the business book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Starting Your Own Business." Also read our "Business Blog ."
15. Don't Get Involved with Pyramid Schemes: Stay away from websites or people in the community trying to recruit you for Network or Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) aka "Pyramid Schemes" (Noni-juice, Melaleuca, Primerica, Pre-paid legal, YTB travel, Ameriplan, ACN, Quixtar, Body Shapers, etc.). If you have time to get involved with these types of 'unethical' schemes, then you have time to start and build your own business by using your own talents and passions.
16. Form Business Alliances/Strategic Partnerships/Co-Ops: To move your business to the next level form business alliances, strategic partnerships or business co-ops with other "ethical" businesses. It's important to be a part of business networks so that you can grow your business by brainstorming with other businesses, especially legal, financial and marketing experts so seek these individuals out today. Every business owner should also have their own "ethical" business network that they can refer others to.
17. Stop Looking at So Much T.V. and Read More Books: Stop listening to mainstream media and even build your own network. It's estimated that many families watch at least 6 to 7 hours of television daily. Could this be why the obesity rate is at an epidemic level? Are we dumbing down our families? If you watch T.V. -- at least watch educational shows such as Animal Channel, Discovery Channel, Financial Shows, etc. Join our new " Let's Read Campaign " and read our line of motivational 'easy-to-read' empowerment books at www.AngelsPress.com . All books can be read by 12 year olds and above.
18. Make a "TO DO" List: Make a "TO DO" list that you can print out and keep on a bulletin board in your work area at home, on a refrigerator or on some type of computer or mobile gadget. The goal is to place it somewhere where you will see it everyday so that you can stay focused on making your dreams come true.
19. Get The People You Love on the Information Highway: Are you sick of those around you being uninformed on issues relevant to them? Information is 'King' and 'Knowledge is Power' so help those that you love get on the information highway. Subscribe your family members, friends, neighbors and colleagues to our mailing list at www.CathyHarrisSpeaks.com or
20. Support the Black Press: Read black community newspapers and support them by subscribing, volunteering, and sending donations. Also support black radio and t.v. including internet radio. Listen to " The Cathy Harris Show."