Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Welcome to DearCathy.com


Jan. 13, 2015

Hello Everyone I Am Here to Motivate You Into Action:

It's already Jan. 13, 2015...wow.  It's never too late to make New Year's Resolutions which are nothing but goals so don't forget to DO YOU IN 2015.  Make sure you write down a list of things that you want to accomplish in 2015.  Remember "It's Time To Come Clean in 2015" which means it's time to be really truthful about your life.

I am so busy at this point in my business that I don't know if I will be able to keep up bi-weekly posts.  My first writing event in Austin was cancelled on Jan. 10, 2015 due to the weather but that did not discourage me!  Would you believe the entire city of Austin closed down on a Saturday?

When I held these writing events in Atlanta, I had audience participants come all the way from California and Texas because they were ready to take action -- so I hope people did not come that far for the event.  Now I know better and as a speaker and trainer, I will stay away from winter months to set up events in the community.  

What you need to understand is writing a book is not only a hot topic but it is one of the most sought after careers out there.  However, I am very passionate about teaching my audience about their health because "You Can't Be Wealthy - If You Are Not Healthy" and "Your Health is Your Wealth."  If you have not put your health first then you are probably setting yourself up for failure in 2015 so don't forget to check out "Cathy Harris 12 Steps To Wellness." 

Just like most of you I am running out the gates to accomplish my New Year goals.  As an Empowerment Speaker, I don't really set too many New Year goals anymore but I set projects.

At one point a few years ago I would write down 10 to 20 things that I wanted to accomplish throughout the year.  But now since I have accomplished most of my goals at this point in my life, I now have projects. 

My first project of the New Year was to set up a new website  -"DearCathy.com" www.DearCathy.com with a new title "Advice Columnist" and new blog - http://www.DearCathy-AskCathy.blogspot.com -- so I could be in a position to answer even more questions. 

At 58 I really would like to delete some of my pages on my websites at www.cathyharrisspeaks.com but in order to be in a position to influence even more people in the world, it was important to put up this new page and new blog. 

However, at my age, I realize clearly that I have 40% of my productive life still left ahead of me, so therefore, I need to keep building and keep helping others.  With a home-based business like my empowerment and publishing company, AngelsPress.com, I can run it until I reach 80 years of age.  It's great to have a business where everyday seems like a vacation.
  
Pros and Cons of Home-Run Businesses

There is a great satisfaction of being your own boss.  But should you work from home?

PROS:
1. Freedom: When you work at home you do enjoy a lot of flexibility to set your own schedule. You don't have to punch a clock.
2. Low Overhead: You don't need to spend money renting a space.
3. Control: Many entrepreneurs have children and find working at home helps them fit their kids into their working day.
4. Time: Folks who work at home save a lot of time. The commute is short because they save a bunch on gas.
5. Lifelong Gig: If you choose to work at home, you can continue working through your senior years. You might never want to retire.
  
CONS:
1. Lack of Discipline: You might find you miss the structure of a job. Too much freedom for some is unproductive.
2. Loneliness: Many who work "home alone" find it lonely. Feedback and camaraderie might be more up your alley.
3. Lack of Support: You'll be a one-person show calling all the shots from handling sales to playing mail room clerk. There are no typists, bookkeepers or receptionists to turn to on a daily basis.
4. No Regular Paychecks: One must have enough capital saved to make it through the often lean start-up phase.
5. No Benefits: In the U.S. healthcare is outrageously expensive. It's a shock when you explore your options.

The same posts on the DearCathy.com website will also be on the new blog at http://www.DearCathy-AskCathy.blogspot.com -- where you can forward the questions and responses to family and friends along with social media websites and even make a comment.  Let this be the year where we learn to share more information with each other so help me spread the word on the new website.   

I am excited about this project and it is COMPLETE!!!  I will try to answer a new question every day so feel free to email me your questions at AskCathy@DearCathy.com and check the page and blog often to stay updated on all the great information that will be posted there.

My other two projects that I am setting up include to record more audiobooks, 10 at least.  I went walking the other day in the park close to my home in Austin and I listened to "How To Write A Book: The Complete Guide to Writing and Selling Your Own Paperback and E-book" by yours truly (ME) and I can't believe how great it sounds.  

I did a great job on that audiobook so for those of you in a position to download the audible.com app and listen to audiobooks on your phone, laptop, desktop, or mini-pad -- then do it!

This is a great way to get aboard the information highway.  I had walked for close to 3 hours and did not even realize it because I was listening to the audiobook on my phone.  I also have the PHYSICAL audiobook if you would like to order it. 

It's on two CDs so the total cost is $20.00.  To buy the physical audiobook - "How To Write A Book: The Complete Guide to Writing and Selling Your Own Paperback and E-book" send $20.00 by paypal.com to my email info@angelspress.com or send a check, money order or cash to my address at Cathy Harris, P.O. Box 19282, Austin, TX 78760.

Another project include to put together more youtube.com postings at "Cathy Harris TV".  Again I want to thank everyone for helping me spread the word on my business and don't forget to DO YOU IN 2015!!!  

If you have any type of question feel free to email me at AskCathy@DearCathy.com or call anytime Monday - Friday - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. central for a FREE 15 minute consultation to discuss your health or business ideas.

 
"When We Help Others Succeed - We All Succeed." 


No comments:

Post a Comment