Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Mother’s Love and Education - One Down, One To Go

Cathy with Youngest Daughter, Halloween 1992, Miami, FL

I can now safely look back on the year 2007 and look at it as one of the best and worst years of my life.  That was the year that I had --not one but --two daughters who graduated from college with Master’s Degrees. That was also the same year that I buried two of my best friends because of cancer.

When you hear the expression “one down one to go,” many may be referring to some type of goal in their lives.  It could be one of your children graduated from high school and you have one more to go.  It could be one of your children has finished with college and you have one more to go.  For the purpose of this blog I am referring to one of my daughters being educated about “how her body really works” and now I have one more that I need to reach.

Most of you should have read my health testimony by now entitled "The Awakening" (http://cathyhudson-harris.blogspot.com/2011/12/awakening.html). 

As I said in the testimony which has turned into my first health book “How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days” (www.AngelsPress.com/homepage.html--I never set out to become a "Health and Wellness Expert." I guess you can say it kind of found me.

After retiring from my job in 2005, I started my own empowerment company, Angels Press (www.AngelsPress.com) and became a motivational speaker along with being a business coach.

Because I did not lead a balanced life and did not pay attention to my health as I did other projects, I became ill.  After becoming housebound and bed-ridden in 2008, 6 doctors failed to heal me, so while in the “eleventh hour,” --I had to self-educate myself and was able to successfully heal myself.

The true miracle of it all is that I was able to heal myself by shutting down and educating myself. After all I had no choice since I was in the eleventh hour of my situation.

Everyone should take a few weeks or months to really educate themselves on how their body really works. Remember it’s extremely important to set goals for your health, family, career/business and pay attention to all of them --equally. 

After losing my two best friends to cancer, and becoming ill and healing my ownself my mission in life became to share the newfound knowledge that I had learned first-hand…to try to save as many as I could especially those around me –my immediate family. 

Many of us are only responsible for ourselves but for mothers it’s our duty to try to get the point across to our children no matter how old they become –their 20s, 30s, 40s, etc. or how much education they have. Unlike my daughters, who are half my age, I went into the military so I did not attend college but I have a PhD in life.  Life and street experiences trumps “book education” –everytime.

I guess you can say I have one daughter down and one to go.  After becoming ill, one of my daughters learned first-hand about the choices she made when she ended up sick and like me was in the “eleventh” hour.

Once you learn the right information on what you really need to do to have a strong healthy body and live a productive life, it’s hard to go back to bad eating habits and a lifestyle that would bring nothing but illnesses and diseases. Her newfound knowledge will probably follow her the rest of her life –simply because she was ready for this knowledge. 

On the other hand, my other daughter is still eating the types of foods and living in the type of environment that I am speaking against today. So I have my hands full and another job to do…to educate her before it’s too late… and yes she is in a race against time whether she knows it or not.

It doesn’t matter how much money you have or what type of life you live"You Can’t Be Wealthy If You are Not Healthy." All I hope for my daughter is that she doesn’t have to learn the hard way like I did… or her sister. Whatever I do and however I do it I know that I have to approach it with such an urgency because it doesn’t take long for anyone who is engaging in an unhealthy lifestyle to come down with some type of illness or disease.

What is so frightening and alarming is that many people don’t have any idea what it takes to become healthy --and many are just not “ready!” Becoming healthy takes “will power” and “self-discipline” --and unless you are ready to accept change into your life, you probably will not be successful. 

Being healthy is hard for everyone --so don’t beat yourself up if it’s takes time for you to bring your life and health into balance. I still struggle everyday to do the right thing in my own life -- to eat right, exercise and get enough sleep so that I will lead an energetic and vibrant life.

Remember diseases cannot exist in a healthy body! The goal is to look at your lifestyle (diet, exercise, sleep patterns, etc.) and your environment (inside environment and outdoor environment) and develop good habits that will give you a “disease-free body.”

The goal is “bad stuff out and good stuff in” which means that everyone should engage in some type of regular detoxification process of their colon, liver, and kidneys which are also the detoxification organs of the body. Then everyone should start eating “nutrient-dense” foods which are mostly raw, organic alkalizing green foods. The darker the green foods -- the better. 

Everyone should remember that “Your Health Begins in Your Colon.” Even with one bowel movement per day, you will still have at least three meals worth of waste matter rotting or decaying in your colon at all times. Two ‘easy’ bowel movements per day are recommended and if you have three movements --then you are really on the right path. Man’s body has not changed very much in the past several thousand years; however, man’s diet has certainly changed a lot. 

All the refined sugar, white flour, hormone/antibiotic-filled meats --we constantly ingest constitute an assault on our bodies. In other words, we are continuously violating our bodies by eating “The Standard American Diet” (SAD).

Last year after attending a series of webinars, I launched my own national health campaign on facebook.com, the National Non-Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) Health Movement. 

My book "How To Take Control of Your OwnLife: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days" (www.AngelsPress.comis the third book in a 3-part empowerment book series which provides powerful information on how to take control of your own life.  Read it today and save your life and those around you that you care deeply about.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment